Eating Alkaline Foods keep your body’s pH level balanced which helps to protect from various diseases like arthritis, diabetes and hypertension. Alkaline foods include some nuts, seeds, fresh fruits and fresh vegetables therefore add such foods in your daily diet to stay healthy. If you consume too many acidic foods frequently your body will become acidic, which cause increased inflammation in the body. In order to maintain right pH level in the body eat more alkaline foods than the acidic ones.
The pH level is measured from 0 to 14 whereas 0 is the most acidic and 14 is most alkaline but you need to keep the balance of both to maintain optimum health. They ideal pH level ranges between 7.3 to 7.45, which is considered right for good health. Your stomach is the most acidic region of the body and pH level keep changing throughout the day depending on what you eat.
Health benefits of Alkaline Foods
Alkaline foods help to maintain pH level of your body so add these foods in your diet to enjoy health benefits. These foods include spinach, tomatoes, garlic, sweet potatoes; pumpkin seeds mushrooms, avocado, broccoli, kale cucumber, celery, cabbage, watermelon, figs, almonds and beans. Drink purified water rather than tap water or you can add few lemon or lime drops into water or some baking soda to make it alkaline. Here are the health benefits of eating alkaline foods:
- Reduces inflammation in the body, which causes arthritis and diabetes.
- Improves digestion that helps to absorb nutrients in the body and overcome nutrients deficiency in the body.
- Lowers the risk of developing stroke and prevents from heart disease.
- Lowers blood pressure and helps reducing bad cholesterol level in the body.
- Provides energy to your body and also helps to manage and lose weight without compromising on calorie intake.
- Beneficial for insulin sensitivity and also protects from the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Reduces oxidative damage due to free radicals that may cause cancer in future.
- Helps reducing joint aches and swelling caused due to inflammation in the body.
- Protects from headaches, joint aches, anxiety and depression.
- Overcome vitamin D deficiency as well as improve bone health.
- Keeps bowl movement smooth and help to clean digestive tract and improves overall digestion as well.
- Remove toxins from the body that cause inflammation in the body.
- Lowers the risks of mental illness therefore add these foods in your daily diet to improve brain health.
- Contain less sugar and carbs therefore it is one of the good diets for diabetes patients.
- Maintain intestine health and also eliminate parasites from the digestive tract.
- Energise your body and improve mental focus.
- Improve skin health and keep you face wrinkle free for long time.
- Maintain and improve hair health and also protect hair fall.
- Protect from teeth diseases like gum problems, teeth sensitivity and cavities.
- Improve your sleep and you will feel fresh after you wake up in the morning.
Usually consumption of alkaline foods is safe but as precautionary measures seek a professional medical advice before you start consuming these foods.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
When you buy foods make sure they are grown organically, are fresh, free from bruises & black spots and also are within the use by date. You can store foods at home at room temperature away from sunlight or in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for longer time.Wash the fresh fruits and vegetables thoroughly before you consume them.