Asparagus is one of the best foods to eat that will maintain and improve your health. Human being are using this vegetable for thousands of years due to high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Asparagus helps to improve digestion and also better for bone and heart health.
Asparagus is a low calorie food like 20 calories per cup and also contains vitamin A, B6, C and K as well as a good source of fiber, folic acid, iron copper and potassium.
Health benefits of Asparagus
This is one of the low fat and low calorie foods, which also contains soluble and insoluble fiber that keeps your bowl movement smooth as well as aid constipation. This vegetable keeps you full between meals therefore helps to maintain and lose weight. You can use this vegetable as a salad; blend it in omelets or in pasta. It is easy to incorporate in your diet like you may eat it raw, boiled, steamed or grilled. Here is various other health benefits associated with asparagus, which are mention hereunder:
- Antioxidant properties help body to fight free radicals that may cause certain type of cancer.
- Contains vitamin K that helps body to absorb calcium that is essential for bone health.
- Reduces inflammation in the body, which causes arthritis and diabetes.
- Improves digestion that aid to absorb nutrients in the body and overcome nutrients deficiency.
- Helpful in treating skin disorders as well as reverse ageing effect on the skin.
- Provides energy to your body and also helps to manage and lose weight without compromising on calorie intake.
- Help lowers the risk of allergies and colon cancer therefore include in your diet to gain health benefits.
- Reduces oxidative damage due to free radicals that may cause cancer in future.
- Helps reducing joint aches and swelling caused due to inflammation in the body.
- Protects from headaches, joint aches, anxiety and depression.
- Keeps bowl movement smooth and help to clean digestive tract and improves overall digestion as well.
- Contain less sugar and carbs therefore it is one of the best diets for diabetes patients.
- Energise your body and improve mental focus.
- Contains amino acids that help to remove excess salt from your body through urination.
- Helps to control blood loss as well as maintain hormonal balance during the menstruation periods.
- Improves males and females infertility therefore consume it on a regular basis.
- Prevents from diseases like anaemia, cardiac disorders as well as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Contains vitamin A that help to maintain and improve eye health.
- Helps improving memory as well as improve nervous system.
- Contains potassium and also has the ability to reduce the salt in body that help to maintain blood pressure.
Usually consumption of asparagus is safe but as precautionary measures seek a professional medical advice before you start consuming this vegetable.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
When you buy asparagus make sure they are grown organically, are fresh, free from bruises & black spots and also are within the use by date. You can store them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for longer time.Wash the fresh vegetables thoroughly before you consume them.