Avocado is one of the best super foods as it is packed with essential nutrients and minerals. Avocado provides various health benefits like improving digestion, protection from heart disease and helps reducing stress. It is a good source of Vitamin A, E, K & B-6; it also contains Potassium, Magnesium and Omega-3 fatty acids. Avocados help boost the immune system as well.
Avocado contains Monounsaturated fats that help to control blood sugar level and even reverse the insulin resistance. Its healthy fat also improves brain functions and eyesight. It contains anti ageing properties as well.
Its history can be traced back thousands of years. Avocados are cultivated in tropical climates throughout the world on a commercial basis. They contain green rough skin and look like an egg or a pear shape.
Avocados protect from heart disease, blood sugar and also help to control weight. They also help to absorb nutrients in the body and promote bone health. Here are some health benefits of consuming avocados:
- Kills bacteria in the mouth that cause bad breath as well as prevent from oral cancer.
- Helps to maintain healthy skin and make it glow when you use as a facemask. It is also known as natural skin care product.
- Improves bone health as well as provide relief from joint aches.
- Regulates high sugar level that affect the digestion process in the stomach.
- Eliminates toxins from your body and protects from viral infections as well.
- Protects liver damage from hepatitis and various other conditions.
- Helps to improve immune system and weight management.
- Lowers the cholesterol level if you consume it on a regular basis.
- Improves blood pressure levels if you add it in your daily diet.
- Helps to improve eyesight and neutralize ageing effects on eyes.
- Anti-inflammatory properties reduce inflammation in the body and help to fight with arthritis.
- Helps to heal wounds all over the body therefore include it in your daily diet to obtain benefits.
- Contains high fibre content that keeps your bowl movement smooth and provides relief from constipation. On the other hand high fibre keeps you feel full for long time.
- Improves brain health and protects against age related damages in the elderly people.
- Contains potassium that helps to maintain your blood pressure at normal level.
You can eat it plain; add into salads or various other recipes to enjoy health benefits.
It is a high calorie fruit therefore restrict the consumption if you are taking low calorie diet. If you experience any allergy symptoms after eating this fruit then seek a professional medical advice.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
It is available all year round in grocery stores and in supermarkets. When you buy make sure it is ripe, fresh, grown organically, free from bruises, brown spots & dents as well as it is with in the use by date. You can store it at room temperature but away from sunlight when it is unripe. You need to keep it refrigerated when the fruit is ripened.