Beetroot is one of the healthiest vegetables on the planet due to its medicinal properties. It grows as a root of beet plant and is used both for cooking and treating medical conditions. Beetroot helps to lower blood sugar, maintain healthy weight and improve heart health. Consumption of juice extracted from beetroot may improve oxygen supply to the brain.
Beetroot is low in carbs and contain vitamins, minerals as well as high in antioxidants. It is rich source of Fiber, Manganese, Iron and Potassium. In these days some verities of beetroot are used to extract sugar for commercial purposes.
Health benefits of Beetroot
You can eat it raw, add it to salads and also extract juice. You need to add this vegetable in your daily diet to improve and maintain your overall health. Here are the health benefits of Beetroot:
- Helps reducing blood pressure and is very beneficial for the patients of hypertension.
- Contain antioxidant properties that help to remove toxins from the body.
- High fibre contents keep you full for long time therefore help managing your body weight.
- Helps improving intestinal health and keep bowl movement smooth.
- High antioxidant properties reduce inflammation in the body if you consume it on a regular basis.
- Contain fibre that helps to improve digestive system as well as prevent constipation.
- Prevents from certain types of cancers if you consume beetroot juice blended with the carrot juice on a regular basis.
- Protects liver from oxidative damage and remove toxins from the body.
- According to studies conducted it boosts stamina if you consume 500 ml beetroot juice on a daily basis.
- Anti-inflammatory properties help reducing inflammation in the body.
- Regular consumption of beetroot improves overall digestive system.
- Contain iron that helps to overcome blood deficiency in the human body.
- Reduces the risk of cataract formation if you consume it on a regular basis.
- Contain calcium that helps to improve and maintain bone health.
- Beet greens contain vitamin A that help to improve skin health and also prevent from skin cancer.
- Contain vitamin C that helps body to fight against viral and bacterial diseases.
- Improve immunity and prevents from body aches.
- Contain potassium that helps to prevent strokes and other heart diseases.
- Help reducing bad cholesterol as well prevents from plaque formation.
Usually consumption of Beetroot has no side effects but as a precautionary measures seek a professional medical advice before you start consuming it.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
Beetroots are available fresh, pickled, steamed or cooked in the supermarkets all year round. When you buy fresh Beetroots make sure they are grown organically, are firm, fresh, free from moisture, spots and also are within the use by date. You can store them in the refrigerator to keep fresh for longer time.Wash the fresh Beetroots thoroughly before you consume them.