Black Seeds are known for its medicinal properties since Ancient times and are used to treat medical conditions for hundreds of years. They contain healing properties such as treat infections and fight bacterial diseases. Black seeds are loaded with minerals such as Sodium, Potassium Calcium and Iron.
Health Benefits of Black Seeds
Black seeds are in use as a spice in various dishes to boost the taste. It is very easy to incorporate in your daily diet like you can put in curries, vegetables as well as in savoury dishes. Black seeds help to lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation in the body and promote overall health in various ways.Here are some health benefits of consuming these seeds:
- Reduces inflammation in the body and provide relief from infections and joint aches.
- Help lowering blood pressure if you consume them on a regular basis and also follow a healthy diet plan.
- Promote kidney health and help removing stone from the kidneys. Take half a teaspoon of black seed oil, two teaspoons of raw organic honey, blend both in a glass of warm water, mix well and drink on an empty stomach.
- Improve digestion as well as provide relief from gas and constipation therefore add a pinch of these seeds in the soups or stews.
- Improve oral health as well as treat bleeding gums. Take few drops of black seed oil and massage the gums after brushing your teeth.
- Help detoxifying your body and strengthen the healing up process of the body.
- Antibacterial properties help removing bad bacteria from the mouth that causes bad breath.
- Anti-inflammatory properties help treating acne and pimples. Take a tablespoon of black seed oil blend it with fresh lemon juice and apply on the affected area twice a day to get better results.
- Help managing blood sugar if you take half a teaspoon of black seeds with warm water on an empty stomach.
- Improve memory when you consume black seeds powder with honey before you go to bed.
- Provide relief from headache. Take few drops of black seed oil and massage on the forehead to get relief.
- Help removing toxins from the body when you consume it on a regular basis.
- Help losing weight if you consume black seeds powder with lemon, honey and a glass of warm water.
- Antioxidant properties help improving heart health and protect heart from diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory properties help reducing the symptoms of Asthma.
- Contain Potassium and Sodium that help maintaining water balance in the body.
- Help protecting from gastritis if you consume it on a regular basis.
Usually consumption of Black seeds has no side effects but as precautionary measures you must seek a professional medical advice before you start consuming them.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
Black seeds are available in the supermarkets all year round. When you buy them make sure they are grown organically, free from moisture, spots and also are within the use by date. You can store them in the airtight container and keep them away from sunlight to keep fresh for longer time.