Boost your energy level the natural way rather than taking supplements and drinking excessive caffeine. Our body needs physical and mental energy to fight with diseases, function properly and perform various tasks on a daily basis. Studies have proven that infections and other diseases use a lot of energy. Mental activities like reading, learning a new skill or language, solving a problem, doing crossword puzzles etc. required energy as well. In fact brain cells need double the amount of energy as compared to other cells of the body. Worries and stress also consume a lot of energy.
Eating regular healthy meals help to repair, build and maintain body cells and improve energy levels. Exercise, good quality sleep, eating fresh fruits and vegetables are inexpensive ways to boost your energy levels. Unhealthy lifestyle, smoking, eating sugary or pre-packed foods make you feel exhausted and tired. Here are some natural ways that boost your energy level:
- Good quality sleep repairs your body and helps to recover from the stressful events therefore have a better sleep every night including the weekends rather than spending your night tossing and watching movies.
- Manage your stress levels because stress consumes a lot of energy make you feel tired and exhausted.
- Reduce high carb foods like sugary drinks, pasta, white bread and processed foods because such foods boost energy very fast and drop down with the same speed as your blood sugar level drops. The good choices are whole grains, brown rice, oats and nuts such foods provide steady energy to the body.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day that will keep you hydrated and help to maintain energy level.
- Vitamin B12 is essential to produce red blood cells therefore eat Vitamin B12 rich foods like wild Salmon, Feta cheese, grass fed beef, eggs, cottage cheese and Sardines.
- Green tea has antioxidant properties and helps to repair body cells therefore add it in your diet.
- Regular exercise helps your heart and lungs work more efficiently and boost your energy levels.
- Fresh vegetable juice eliminates toxins from your body and boost energy level.
- Yoga breathing practice raises oxygen level in the body that helps to increase energy.
- Add a handful of cashew nuts or almonds in your daily diet that will help to boost energy.
- Never skip breakfast and the meals because missing meals leads to fatigue and tiredness. Eat meals at regular intervals to manage hunger and maintain energy levels.
- Chia seeds contain fiber and B vitamins; sprinkle them on your yogurts to get health benefits.
- Eat iron rich foods like green leafy vegetables, dried beans and cereals such foods are essential for producing haemoglobin, which carries oxygen to body’s cells.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
Eating a balanced diet helps to ensure your body get required vitamins and minerals; therefore adopt healthy eating habits and enjoy the health benefits.