Everyone can boost their memory unless they are suffering from any brain medical condition. Improving your memory depends on the food you eat and the way you use your brain, exercise and good sleep are also vital for your brain health. Your brain has the ability to grow new cells and form new neural connections as long as you eat foods that help to improve your brain health and make changes in your life style.
If you eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, coconut oil and vitamin B12 and challenge your brain by learning a new language or solving mathematic problems also help boost your memory. Exercise slows down the mental ageing process and helps your brain to work faster and efficiently; it provides more blood flow to your brain and decreases the risk of stroke. Exercise also helps to learn new information quicker.
How to boost Memory
Here are some effective ways to boost your brainpower:
- Good sleep is vital to repair your body and it also helps your brain to find different ways to solve a problem, which is essential to think creatively. You also feel fresher and are able to think clearly throughout the day.
- Include small amounts of coconut oil in your breakfast every day as it helps to boost your brainpower.
- The ability to concentrate and focus comes from yoga practice so join a yoga class and learn to practice yoga everyday in the morning.
- Eat memory-boosting foods like avocado, blue berries, tomatoes, broccoli, eggs, green leafy vegetable, fruits, turmeric, pumpkin seeds, almonds and walnuts.
- Challenging your mind is another way to boost your memory like learning different skills e.g. learn to play a musical instrument or learn to speak a foreign language or even participate in social activities. You can challenge your brain by doing things with your non-dominant hand like brushing your teeth and combing your hair.
- Start thinking positive and get rid of stress & negative thoughts.
- Avoid eating refined sugar as it contributes to memory loss and enhances depression.
- Start doing volunteering activities as it makes you feel good and also promotes brain health.
- Engaging in social activities also keeps our brain sharp.
- Your brain contains 72% water so drink recommended amount of water everyday to keep it hydrated, as it is extremely important to maintain and improve your brain health.
- Apply to forehead or inhale rosemary/peppermint essential oil to enhance concentration and memory.
- Walking activity increases oxygen to your blood and encourages growth and improves connectivity between brain cells.
- Maintaining a healthy weight also helps to improve memory.
- Smoking is bad for your health so quit smoking today and helps yourself to enhance your memory.
A healthy lifestyle is the key to enhancing your memory. If you start applying the above steps today you will feel the difference towards improving your memory within a few weeks time. Your health is in your control so go ahead and prove to yourself that you can achieve your potential.
[amazon_link asins=’1539397238′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’careawcr-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’29981c4c-4a90-11e7-a959-c101b1c53768′]