Celery is in use of humans for hundreds of years due to its medicinal properties. Celery is loaded with vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, C, D, E & K; Calcium, Sodium, Copper, Magnesium, Potassium and Zinc. In these days this plant is cultivated and consumed throughout the world.
Health Benefits of Celery
Celery is a low calorie food and is very easy to incorporate in your daily diet like you can eat as snack, add into salads, soups or drink the juice. Celery helps to promote weight loss, lowers blood pressure, reduce inflammation in the body and promote overall health in various ways.Here are some health benefits of Celery:
- Reduces inflammation in the body and provide relief from infections and joint aches.
- Improves sleep and also provide relief from stress therefore add it in your diet to get benefits.
- Alkalize your body and help maintaining pH level in the body as well as strengthen the healing up process.
- Contains more water and insoluble fibre that help improving digestive tract.
- Provides relief from constipation but avoid consumption in case you suffered from Diarrhoea.
- Contains vitamin A that helps improving eyesight.
- Helps reducing bad cholesterol up 6% if you consume it on a regular basis.
- Promotes blood circulatory health and also reduce blood pressure when you consume whole stalk.
- Regular consumption of Celery protects formation of Cancer Cells in the body.
- Removes toxins from liver and also improves overall liver health.
- Antioxidant properties help improving heart health and protect from heart diseases.
- Contains ethanol that helps protect stomach from forming Ulcers.
- Helps treating urinary tract infections and improves kidney health.
- Antibacterial properties help healing up process of bacterial infections.
- Contains vitamin C that helps boosting immune system and prepares your body to fight against various diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory properties help reducing the symptoms of Asthma.
- Contains Potassium and Sodium that help maintaining water balance in the body.
- High in fibre that helps maintaining sugar level in the body.
- Celery is high in Calcium that help improving nerves system.
- Low in calories and very filling that help to control appetite and promote weight loss.
- Helps protecting from gastritis if you consume it on a regular basis.
Usually consumption of Celery has no side effects but as precautionary measures you must seek a professional medical advice before you start consuming it.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
Fresh Celery is available in the supermarkets all year round. When you buy it make sure it is grown organically, is fresh, free from moisture, spots and also are within the use by date. The dark colour has strong flavour therefore go for it if available. You can store it in the refrigerator to keep fresh for longer time. Wash the Celery thoroughly before you consume it.