Acidity is caused by excess generation of acid in the stomach and is resulted by various factors such as due to stress, skipping meals, eating acidic foods, smoking, drinking alcohol, lack of exercise, eating food with irregular intervals or dehydration. Apart from external factors our stomach naturally produces acid as well to help break down and digest food. Acidity is common in people who overeat, eat more meat, spicy or oily and fried foods.
When you feel heaviness, heartburn, and burning sensation in the stomach and throat that means your pH level is down and your stomach has produced excess acid. In this situation you need to raise your pH level to neutralize stomach acid. If you have symptoms of acidity cure it the natural way or speak to your doctor otherwise it may lead to peptic ulcers.
How to cure Acidity
There are various things you can do to neutralize your excess stomach acid that include eating habits, changes in your diet and life style. The natural remedies to curing acidity are safe and have no side effects but if the symptoms persist for a long period of time seek professional medical advice. Here are few simple things you can do to treat your acidity.
- Drink couple of glasses warm water early in the morning on an empty stomach as that will help to normalize stomach acid and also remove toxins from your body.
- Avoid eating sugary foods and fizzy drinks that cause indigestion and stomach disorders.
- Eat food at least 3 hours before you go to bed in the night this is one of the major cause of raising stomach acid.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol because it increases the amount of acid in your stomach.
- Aloe Vera juice reduces inflammation in the body and also neutralizes the stomach acid so drink this juice once a day to get the best results.
- Apples are another choice to clam acid reflux so eat apples in the morning to reduce stomach acid.
- Cinnamon is anti acid and helps improve digestive system. Drink cinnamon tea to treat stomach acid.
- Cumin seeds are useful to teat stomach acid. You can boil 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds and drink after you have had your meal.
- Learn and practice yoga to cure acidity problems permanently.
- Always choose good quality, fresh and organic foods. At least 75% of your food portion should include vegetables.
- Drink water 45 minutes before eating food as that way your stomach will be empty to process another meal.
- Eat food in a peaceful environment and focus on your food rather than thinking about something else, as you could eat extra food even after being full, which will disrupt your digestion process.
- The digestion process starts in the mouth so chew food properly and make a paste before you swallow it as that will improve digestion and help to treat stomach disorders.
- Drink ginger or fennel seeds tea to treat stomach acid.
- Avoid eating processed and refined foods as such foods contain preservatives, artificial flavors, colors, processed oils, added sugar & salt that increase stomach acid.
- Avoid over eating as it causes acid reflux and indigestion.
- Stress is one of the reasons causing stomach disorder so get rid of it as soon as you can.
- Detoxify your body often as that will help to reset your digestive system and improve digestion.
- Keep moving; as exercise is the best way to improve your digestion so make it a habit to exercise on a daily basis.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
The human body is designed to heal itself and disease normally occurs when you deprive it of its basic needs. Small changes in your daily diet can create a huge difference towards the improvement of your health therefore start making little changes in your diet and lifestyle to enjoy the health benefits.