Back Pain especially in the lower back is common however it can be felt along the spine from the neck down to the hips. It is more common in adults but can affect people of any age. It may occur suddenly or can develop slowly due to some medical conditions.
Causes of Back Pain
There are various causes of backache but in most cases it occurs due to the following reasons:
- Lack of exercise and movement
- Poor posture
- Lifting heavy objects
- Sudden movements
- Sleep disorders
- Strained muscles and joints
- Pulling or pushing heavy objects
- Standing for a long period of time
- Long driving without rest
- Bending down for a long time
- Depression and anxiety
- Poor diet and lifestyle
How to cure Back Pain
In most cases backache can be cured the natural way but if it is acute and occurred due to some injury then you need to seek professional medical help. Here are some remedies to cure backache at home:
- The back muscles play an important role in supporting your back so strengthen your back muscles through exercise. You can carry out the exercises at home.
- Stay relaxed & positive and also get rid of stress, which is one of the common backache causes.
- Keep your back straight while you standing, moving or bending down so fix your posture that will help to prevent and cure backache.
- Prevention is better than cure so replace your sagging mattress immediately and also use firm or medium firm mattress on a hard bed.
- Yoga is very effective to strengthen and making your muscles flexible so learn and practice yoga to prevent and cure backache.
- Negative thoughts are another cause of backache. Deep breathing exercise makes you relax and also take away the negative thoughts.
- Your diet plays an important role in your health so eat simple and healthy foods to stay pain free.
- Eat dried plums, figs and apricots in equal quantity of 2 each 3 hours after you have had your dinner for 30 days to cure your backache. These dry fruits provide the nutrients to your body and also strengthen the muscles.
- Take fresh squeezed lemon juice twice a day that will reduce inflammation in the body and get relief from backache.
- Apply garlic infused olive oil on the back twice a day for 2 weeks to get relief.
- Sleeping position also matters to cure backache so change your habits and start sleeping comfortably. Never sleep on stomach because it is really bad position for everybody so avoid sleeping in this position.
- Maintain good posture that will help to cure backache.
- Improve flexibility through exercise and get rid of stiffness to prevent backache.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol that will help to cure backache.
- Include rosemary, peppermint and ginger in your daily diet to get relief from backache.
- Maintain pH level to stay healthy and live pain free life.
- Turmeric is an anti inflammatory herb so add it in your daily diet to prevent and heal backache.
- High-heeled shoes create unstable posture and put pressure on your spine so replace them with flat or low-heeled shoes.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
The aforementioned tips are extremely effective in treating the backache start applying them today and live a healthy and pain free life.