You can cure cold the natural way at home without taking medicines. Cold is a viral infection of the nose and throat, which is common normally in the winter season and it clears up within a couple of weeks. The symptoms are blocked or runny nose, sneezing, sore throat or cough. This condition can lead to headache, muscular pain or high body temperature.
How the cold spreads
The cold is spreadable that means you can catch a cold from an infectious person like when you touch a contaminated object or the skin of an infected person and then touch your mouth, nose or eyes. You can get a cold by inhaling the air that contains cold viruses, such viruses are launched in the air when an infected person coughs or sneezes. The cold spreads more easily among people in close contact like families, at work or children in school.
How to prevent the cold spreading
You can help to stop the cold spreading by taking the simple steps like using your own kitchen utensils, washing your hands before touching objects, sneeze or cough into tissues and avoid sharing towels or toys with someone who has a cold.
How to cure cold
- Oil pulling is an effective remedy of cold. You can use coconut or sesame oil for this purpose. Coconut oil contains more antibacterial properties therefore take a tablespoon of this oil and swish it in your mouth for 3 minutes and spit away then rinse the mouth with warm water.
- Honey contains antibacterial properties and cure cold effectively. Take a tablespoon of raw honey, mix it with half a cup of hot water and squeeze a quarter of fresh lemon in it then drink the mixture sip by sip to get relief from cold.
- Garlic contains antibacterial properties and also helps fight cold therefore consume 3 cloves every day to cure cold.
- Salt is another antibacterial substance so take half a teaspoon of Himalayan salt mix it with half a glass of warm water then gargle with this water for a minute and spit it out. Make sure you don’t swallow this water.
- Turmeric fights inflammation and cold very effectively therefore take a cup of luke warm milk, add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder in it with a tablespoon of raw honey and drink it sip by sip just before you go to bed.
- Vitamin C helps your body heal faster and also strengthen the immune system therefore increase the intake of vitamin C rich foods. These foods include Citrus fruits, Peppers, Kale, Kiwi fruit and Spinach.
- Ginger is another antibacterial substance thus drink ginger tea to cure cold. Take some grated ginger, mix it into a cup of hot water with a tablespoon of raw honey and drink this mixture sip by sip.
- Apple cider vinegar helps to cure sore throat so take a teaspoon of it and mix into half a glass of water and drink it sip by sip.
- Keep yourself warm by wearing warm clothes and don’t expose yourself to the cold weather and also continue to drink warm fluids as that will help to cure cold.
- Stay hydrated and avoid drinking alcohol and caffeinated drinks because such drinks make you dehydrate. Alcohol may make the inflammation even worse.
- In order to recover faster you need a rest therefore take plenty of rest and help your body to heal faster and keep up your strength.
- Stress makes you feel exhausted and makes the condition even worse therefore manage your stress to reduce the duration of the cold. Yoga is an effective way to get rid of stress so learn and practice yoga every day early in the morning.
Healthy and balanced diet plays an important role in improving and maintaining your health therefore start eating healthy foods that will boost your body’s resistance power against the disease.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
In case the symptoms go worse avoid trying home remedies and seek a professional medical help.