The diabetes diet plan can prevent, control or even reverse diabetes if you eat healthy and keep a balanced diet. Most cases of type-2 diabetes are controllable and in some cases it is even reversible. Eating healthier & keeping a balanced diet and being physically active, you can cure your type-2 diabetes. Our body requires protein; carbohydrates and fats to function properly therefore keep a balance in diet to enjoy healthy life.
Belly fat is linked to the insulin resistance therefore keep your weight under control and reduce the risk of diabetes. The main reason to gain weight is eating high carb & added sugar foods, sugary drinks, processed foods and lack of exercise. Therefore it is important to adopt a healthy lifestyle to avoid forming belly fat.
Best diet for Diabetes
The diabetes plan is more about your overall eating habits rather than concentrating on specific foods. Therefore eat fresh, natural and unprocessed foods every day. Eat protein rich foods like eggs, beans, unsweetened yogurt and low fat diary. Here is the list of foods that you can add in your daily diet to control your diabetes:
- Olive oil improves insulin sensitivity so add it in your diet to lower blood sugar. You can sprinkle it on your salads or take a tablespoon on an empty stomach early in the morning.
- Add healthy fats in your diet like fish, almonds, walnuts, peanuts, flaxseeds and avocados.
- Quinoa contains amino acids and it keeps you full for long time as well as help to prevent spikes in blood sugar.
- Apples are high in fiber and help to lower the blood sugar level.
- Asparagus helps to produce more insulin in the body therefore add it in your diet to get health benefits.
- Include high fiber foods in your diet like brown rice; foods contain whole grain, leafy green & colorful vegetables and fresh fruits.
- Cinnamon helps to lower blood sugar level therefore include cinnamon in your diet. You can sprinkle it on cereals or add in the drinks or smoothies.
- Probiotics foods improve your immune system and help to reduce bad fat so add such foods in your daily diet.
- Always choose good quality, fresh and organic foods. At least 75% of your food portion should include vegetables.
- Drink a couple of glasses of water on an empty stomach just after you wake up. Add fresh lemon juice for better results.
- Learn and practice deep breathing exercise, which help to manage stress level and keep blood sugar under control.
- Never eat food in a standing position as your stomach needs energy to digest food; and you are using your energy while standing, which you need for digestion. The best pose to eat food is to sit on the floor in a crossed leg position or a kneeling position sitting on the heels, which is called a Diamond Pose.
- Portion size also matters it doesn’t mean you start weighing everything before you eat but bear in mind the amount of excess calories you are eating cause increase in blood sugar in the body.
It is really important that you should avoid eating high carb and added sugar foods as well as sugary drinks. Add high fiber foods in your diet that release slow energy and keep your blood sugar level normal. Eating non-diabetic foods doesn’t mean eliminate sugar completely from your diet; fruits also contain sugar that will fulfill the sugar requirement in your body.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.