Fennel seeds contain powerful antioxidants and also provide various health benefits like improve digestive system, maintain and improve eye health, and also regulate the blood sugar. These seeds have been used for thousands of years as herb and to treat the medical conditions.
Fennel seeds are similar to Cumin seeds and you can use it as herb in various dishes or make herbal tea to obtain health benefits. The fennel is grown in various countries but mainly it is produced in India. The seeds contain various dietary minerals like Magnesium, Iron, Manganese and Calcium and also contain Vitamin C.
Health benefits of Fennel Seeds
You can use fennel seeds to make herbal tea or add them in various dishes to obtain health benefits. Here are the health benefits of this herb:
- Improves digestive system therefore drink fennel seeds tea to treat your digestive problems.
- Chew fennel seeds to get rid of bad breath and also increase the saliva production.
- Regulate blood sugar so add them in your diet to lower type 2 diabetes.
- Helps control heart rate and keep blood pressure at normal level.
- Regular consumption of fennel tea helps reduce water retention from body.
- Contains powerful antioxidants that remove toxins from the body.
- Contains Vitamin A that helps to improve eye health.
- Helps beat oxidative stress and also protect from certain type of cancers.
- Improves immune system therefore helps to manage your weight.
- Helps lowering bad cholesterol if you consume it on a regular basis therefore add in your daily diet to obtain health benefits.
- Treats sore throat and cough when you chew seeds for 15 minutes.
- Provides relief from respiratory diseases like asthma and cough.
- Helps breakdown fats and improve digestive system.
- Helps promote and regulate menstrual flow therefore consume tea made from this herb during the menstrual periods.
- Treats heartburn so chew seeds when you feel indigestion problem.
- Helps reduce acid level in the stomach and also kills parasites in the intestine.
- Helps cleansing your blood as well as improve kidney functions.
- Antioxidant properties relive arthritis pain.
- Antibacterial properties improve gum health therefore gargle fennel tea if you have gum disease symptoms.
- Helps lower high blood pressure so drink fennel tea on a regular basis.
Usually consumption of fennel seeds is safe but as precautionary measures seek a professional medical advice before you start consuming it.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
Fennel seeds are available in grocery stores and in the supermarkets all year round. When you buy it make sure it is grown organically. You can store them at home in an airtight glass container to keep it fresh for longer time.