Flaxseeds (Linseeds) are one of the super foods on planet. It contains omega-3 fatty acids and good fats that are essential for good heart health. Flaxseeds also have a lot of antioxidant qualities. Flaxseeds contain 95% fiber, 42% fat and 18% protein. It helps regulate bloods sugar and cholesterol level. It promotes digestive health as well.
- A source of vitamins and minerals that is required to maintain good health.
- Contains fiber that promotes weight loss by reducing hunger.
- Helps to lower blood pressure and fights heart disease.
- Helps to get relief from constipation as the fiber in flax seeds act as a laxative.
- Regulates type 2 diabetes.
- Reduces inflammation in the body.
- It is cholesterol free and good for heart health.
- Prevents the formation of skin cancer.
- Maintains hormonal level in women.
- Helps women with irregular periods.
- Reduces the risk of breast cancer.
- Promotes hair health.
- Helps to reduce hypertension.
- It is an antioxidant.
- Is anti-inflammatory.
- Reduces the risk of colon cancer.
A tablespoon of flaxseeds a day meet your daily nutritional requirement. It is more beneficial if you consume it raw and ground instead of whole grains.
Ways to use Flaxseeds
- Add it to smoothies or milk shakes.
- You can add them to cereals, soups or porridge.
- You can blend them with yogurt.
- You can sprinkle them on the salads.
- You can take them with milk.
Here is the recipe for one of my favorite smoothies that I drink every morning to maintain good health.
- Two tablespoon of ground flaxseeds
- One cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Half a cup of finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Half a cup of fresh blue berries
- Half a cup of fresh raspberries
- A tablespoon of organic honey
Preparation: Put all the above ingredients into the blender and blend it until the mixture is smooth. A healthy and tasty smoothie is ready to consume.
By including this super food in your daily diet you will experience the health benefits within a few weeks.