Inflammation facilitates the healing process in body but if it stays for a longer period of time with no purpose it causes illness. The problem starts when the immune system goes out of control and causes excessive inflammation that is the root cause of various diseases like aches, itchy or red skin, infections, arthritis, heart disease and cancer. If you reduce inflammation and keep it at the normal level you will feel more energetic and even look younger.
The main source of inflammation in the body is unhealthy lifestyle, lack of exercise, poor immune system, smoking, sugary drinks, packed foods and stress.
Natural ways to reduce inflammation
Here are some foods and other healthy ways that are really helpful to reduce inflammation in the body:
- Eat omega 3 rich foods like fish, flax seeds and hemp seeds.
- Include fermented foods in your diet, which help to improve immunity.
- Add unsaturated fats and protein in your daily diet as that will help to keep you healthy.
- Caffeine can trigger inflammations in the body so avoid its consumption.
- Practice yoga breathing exercise, which is an effective way to detoxify your body.
- Short and poor sleep also triggers inflammation therefore make sure you get at least 7 hours of good quality sleep.
- Eat a variety of healthy foods that include carbohydrates, fats and protein rather that eating specific single foods.
- Eat fresh and homemade foods rather than precooked or frozen foods.
- Avoid eating fried, refined, processed and fast foods.
- Limit your calorie intake to the recommended amount for example adults can take 2000 to 2500 calories a day depending on how active you are.
- Include whole grains and fiber rich foods in your diet.
- Ginger and turmeric are anti-inflammatory foods so add them in your diet.
- Drink recommended amount of water everyday to help detoxify your body.
- Eat fish at least twice a week to reduce inflammation in the body.
- Include organic extra virgin olive oil in your diet as it contains healthy fats that are essential to improve health.
- Add healthy snacks in your diet like almonds, walnuts and pistachio nuts but go for unsalted and raw ones.
- Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants and actively fight against the inflammation so add them in your diet.
- Beans contain anti-inflammatory compound therefore make them part of your daily diet.
- Onions are anti inflammatory so add them in your salads to reduce inflammation.
- Blue berries are rich in antioxidants and help to detoxify your body.
- Chia seeds promote weight loss and help to fight inflammation.
- Garlic contains anti-inflammatory compound and fight with viral and bacterial infections.
- Incorporate apples in your diet that are full of nutrients and support the growth of beneficial bacteria.
- Extra virgin organic Coconut oil contains anti-inflammatory properties so include it in your diet to improve your health.
- Raw honey is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory therefore include it in your diet.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
You can boost the benefits of balanced anti-inflammatory diet by having good quality sleep and exercise therefore adopt healthy life style and enjoy the benefits associated with health.