Motivation is a power through which people accomplish their personal goals and strive to fulfill a desire. A healthy brain can eliminate distractions and perform optimally but all that depends on your diet. Those who are motivated strive to find out the ways to boost their brain performance and thinking capacity. Food plays an important role in improving your focus, concentration and reaction time. If you eat junk foods it will increase inflammation in your body and your stress levels will go up, which affects your brain performance.
Here is the list of foods you should add in your daily diet to enhance your brain functions and keep you motivated:
- Omega-3 fatty acids are very useful in improving memory and brain performance. Add such foods in your daily diet like hemp seeds, salmon fish, chia seeds, fish oil and flaxseeds.
- Berries are rich in antioxidants and are great to boost brain performance. Black berries and blue berries contain more antioxidant properties than other berries and are very effective in enhancing concentration.
- Dark chocolate helps to improve your focus. It contains magnesium that helps to reduce stress level.
- Almonds and Walnuts are rich in antioxidants and contain high amounts of vitamin E and amino acids, which have the ability to boost your brain performance and keep you motivated.
- Brown rice contains magnesium, which helps to reduce stress and boost productivity so try to include it in your daily diet.
- Eggs contain vitamin B, which helps to increase brain performance and improve reaction time.
- Drink water throughout the day to stay hydrated and aid your brain to think more efficiently and quickly. The recommended amount of water is to drink 8 glasses everyday.
- Avocados increase blood flow and improve focus so include them in your diet.
- Spinach and Kale improve learning capacity; alertness and concentration on the other hand protect you from oxidative stress as well as fatigue.
- Whole grains contain vitamin B, which increase blood flow to brain so add such foods in your daily diet.
- Sunflower seeds contain amino acid that reduces stress and keep you motivated.
- Greek yogurt contains protein and calcium, which help to improve brain function.
- Eggplant enhances thinking capacity, keep your brain sharp and help you to stay motivated.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc, which help to enhance your memory and improve thinking skills.
- Tomatoes are antioxidant as they reduce inflammation and therefore help to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Garlic contains antibacterial properties that help to reduce stress and improve concentration.
- Green tea helps to fight mental fatigue and enhance memory.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
The foods mentioned above may seem simple but they are really effective in enhancing brain functions, keep you focused and motivated so add them in your daily diet and enjoy the health benefits.