Garlic belongs to onion family and it is cultivated in various countries in the world due to its taste and health benefits. Garlic is in use for thousands of years to boost flavour in Curries, Pizza toppings, Pastas, Soups and meat dishes. It contains medicinal properties and is in use to treat medical conditions since Ancient times. It has anti-fungal, anti-cancer and antibacterial properties. Garlic also treats infections and fight bacterial diseases. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, B3, B6 and Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Calcium Sodium, Potassium and Zinc.
Health Benefits of Garlic
Garlic helps to flush out toxins from the body if you consume it raw and on empty stomach. It is very easy to incorporate in your daily diet like you can put in curries, vegetables as well as in savoury dishes. The best way to consume raw garlic is to place a clove between teeth then bite to release extract and swallow it with warm water. It helps to lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation in the body and promote overall health in various ways.Here are some health benefits of consuming Garlic:
- Provides relief from cold and flue if you drink garlic tea or add it into stews and soups.
- Reduces inflammation in the body and provide relief from infections and joint aches.
- Help lowering blood pressure if you consume it on a regular basis and also follow a healthy diet plan.
- Improves digestion as well as provide relief from gas and constipation therefore add it in the soups or stews.
- Fight against bacteria causing cavities in the teeth and helps treating sensitive teeth.
- Helps detoxifying your body and strengthen the healing up process of the body.
- Anti-inflammatory properties help treating acne and pimples. Take a clove of fresh crushed garlic and apply on the affected area twice a day to get better results.
- Helps managing blood sugar. Take couple of raw garlic crushed cloves with warm water early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Antioxidant properties help prevent from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Improves immunity of the body against forming cancers if you consume it on a regular basis.
- Helps removing toxins from the body when you consume it raw on empty stomach.
- Helps treating fungal infections and also strengthen the immune system to fight against diseases.
- Antioxidant properties help improving heart health and protect heart from diseases.
- Contain Potassium and Sodium that help maintaining water balance in the body.
- Protects from gastritis if you consume it on a regular basis.
Usually consumption of Garlic has no side effects but as precautionary measures you must seek a professional medical advice before you start consuming it.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
Garlic is available in the supermarkets all year round. When you buy it make sure it is grown organically, free from moisture, spots and also within the use by date. You can store it at room temperature and also keep it away from sunlight to keep fresh for longer time.