High protein foods help to lose weight, strengthen muscles, increase muscle mass, they also improve your overall health. Protein also helps to fight diabetes, lowers blood pressure and improves body functions.
Our muscles, hormones and tissues are made from protein, which is why our body needs protein rich foods to function optimally. You need to incorporate such foods in your daily diet to overcome protein deficiency. Protein rich foods improve heart health; wound healing, bone health and brain functions.
List of High Protein Foods
Various foods contain protein however here is list of High Protein Foods:
- Nuts like Pistachios, Almonds, Peanuts and Cashew nuts are a good source of plant protein. They contain other essential nutrients as well like Vitamin E, Manganese and magnesium.
- Greek Yogurt is high protein food but also contains more calories as well therefore limit your consumption if you are trying to lose weight.
- Milk is one of the best quality protein rich food and it contains almost all the nutrients required our body. It is high in calcium that help to improve and maintain bone health.
- Broccoli is another high protein food as compared to other vegetables. It is full of Vitamin C and K therefore incorporate in your daily diet to obtain health benefits.
- Eggs are full of protein and also contain healthy fats as well as antioxidants. The egg whites are almost pure protein.
- Grass fed Lean Beef is very rich in protein as well as high in iron and Vitamin B12. This is also a low carb diet therefore it helps losing weight.
- Quinoa is one of the super foods and another plant based protein rich food that is full of antioxidants as well.
- Lentils are another choice of plant based healthy food, which is also loaded with Vitamins and Minerals.
- Soybeans are very rich in protein therefore add them in your diet to enjoy health benefits.
- Pumpkin Seeds are rich in protein and other essential nutrients that our body required to function properly.
- Organic Chicken & Turkey Breast are very high in protein and a low fat food as well if you choose skinless verity as the skin contain more fat. This food is delicious too if you cook it properly.
- Fish contains Omega 3 fatty acids and also high in protein. The protein content varies in different verities like Tuna and Salmon contain more protein as compared to other verities.
- Oats are also a rich source of protein and other nutrients therefore incorporate them in your diet to obtain health benefits.
- Cottage Cheese is low in fat and calories but rich in protein, which is one the healthier choice as well to raise protein intake.
- Shrimp is another seafood that is rich in Protein, Vitamin B12 and Omega 3 fatty acid.
Usually consumption of Protein rich foods is safe but as precautionary measures seek a professional medical advice before you start consuming them.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
When you buy foods make sure they are grown organically, are fresh and also are within the use by date. You can store fresh foods in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for longer time.Wash the fresh vegetables and fruits thoroughly before you consume them.