Kiwifruit is a good source of Vitamin C, A, E & K and it also contains minerals like Calcium, Magnesium as well as Potassium. It provides various health benefits like improving digestion, protection from heart disease and helps to reduce blood sugar. It also contains dietary fibre, which helps to protect from constipation and keep bowl movement smooth.
Kiwifruit contains antioxidant properties more than Grapefruit and Oranges that help to reduce inflammation in the body. It also helps to remove free radicals from the body.
Kiwifruit contain greenish brown skin and green or golden flesh. This fruit has a soft texture and a sweetish but unique flavour. It is cultivated in various countries on a commercial basis such as China, New Zealand, Italy, France and Greece.
Kiwifruit protects from heart disease, blood sugar and also helps to remove free radicals from the body. It also helps to reduce inflammation in the body. Here are some health benefits of consuming Kiwifruit:
- Contains vitamin C and Potassium that help to reduce Triglycerides and improve overall heart health.
- Its antioxidant properties help to remove free radicals from the body, which cause cancer.
- It contains vitamin A that is essential to improve eye health therefore include it in your diet to maintain eye health.
- Regulates blood sugar level that affects the digestion process in the stomach.
- Helps eliminate toxins from your body and protects from viral infections as well.
- Helps to improve immune system and weight management.
- Improves blood pressure levels if you add it in your daily diet.
- Anti-inflammatory properties reduce inflammation in the body and help to fight with arthritis.
- Fights with cold and flue and also helps protect from respiratory disease.
- Contains high fibre content that keeps your bowl movement smooth and provides relief from constipation.
- Improves intestinal health and protect from infections.
- Contains Potassium that helps to maintain your blood pressure at normal level.
- Helps to treat asthma, as it is high in Vitamin C if you consume it on a regular basis.
- Helps to break down protein therefore aid to improve digestion and absorb protein in the body.
- Treats oxidative stress that can cause various health problems therefore add it in your daily diet.
- Reduces fat in the blood and also helps reducing blood clotting.
You can eat it plain; add into salads, or blend into smoothies to enjoy health benefits.
This fruit can cause reaction or allergy to some people therefore if you experience any allergy symptoms after eating this fruit then seek a professional medical advice.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
Here is one of my favourite anti detox recipes made with Kiwifruit. Take a fresh Kiwifruit, a fresh medium sized tomato, half a cup of cubed fresh pineapple, a pinch of cinnamon and black pepper, a glass of spring water. Peel off Kiwi & tomato and put all the ingredients in the blender and blend it until smooth. An anti detox drink is ready to consume. You can add a tablespoon of honey if you are a non-diabetic person.
It is available all year round in grocery stores and in supermarkets. When you buy make sure it is ripe, fresh, grown organically, free from bruises and spots as well as it is within the use by date. You can store it at room temperature but away from sunlight when it is unripe. You need to keep it refrigerated when the fruit is ripened.