Belly fat is formed due to poor eating habits and an unhealthy lifestyle. If you eat more calories than the recommended limit without proper exercise you will gain belly fat. It is common cause of lower belly hound and is most harmful form of fat in the body. This fat is linked with heart disease, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer as well. Belly fat is dangerous in the sense that it produces toxins, hormones and chemicals, which can impact every organ in your body.
On the other hand if you maintain an ideal weight the fat cells produce healthy hormones and chemicals, which regulate appetite and insulin. The difficulty starts when you have excess belly fat that produce more hormones and chemicals than your body requires, which can impact your health over time and place you at the risk of diseases such as diabetes, stroke, heart attack, and even certain cancers.
How to avoid forming belly fat
If you maintain a healthy lifestyle and change your eating habits you can avoid forming belly fat. Here are some foods and other factors that cause excess fat around belly:
- Foods that contain high sugar cause excess belly fat so avoid eating these foods.
- Packed foods are full of trans fats, which are used to increase the shelf life of the food. These fats cause inflammation and raise fat in the body.
- Lack of exercise is another reason of excess body fat therefore keep moving and reduce the risk of forming belly fat.
- Low protein diets also one of the reasons that promote forming belly fat.
- Juices sold in the market are high in sugar that is also one of the causes increasing belly fat.
- Stress is bad for your health and a cause of forming belly fat so manage your stress levels.
- All refined and processed foods increase fat in the body.
- Sleeping disorders and poor quality sleep can increase belly fat.
- Portion size also matters it doesn’t mean you start weighing everything before you eat but bear in mind the amount of calories you are eating cause increase fat in the body.
How to reduce belly fat
- Eat a low carb diet that helps to lower blood sugar and help melt belly fat.
- Learn and practice deep breathing exercise, which help to manage stress level and reduce belly fat.
- High fiber foods help to reduce belly fat so eat fiber rich fruits and vegetables to get rid of excess fat.
- Physical activity is better for your health so make your habit to do exercise like walking, running or swimming every day to shed your belly fat.
- Add apple cider vinegar in your diet that helps to reduce fat.
- Probiotics foods improve your immune system and help to reduce fat so add such foods in your daily diet.
- Always choose good quality, fresh and organic foods. At least 75% of your food portion should include vegetables.
- Eat single ingredient foods in one meal because digestion time is different of each food.
- Never eat food in a standing position as your stomach needs energy to digest food; and you are using your energy while standing, which you need for digestion. The best pose to eat food is to sit on the floor in a crossed leg position or a kneeling position sitting on the heels, which is called a Diamond Pose.
- Drink a couple of glasses of water on an empty stomach just after you wake up. Add fresh lemon juice for better results.
- Drink water sip by sip, as this will improve your digestion and will help to absorb nutrients in your body.
- Don’t drink water just before or after having your meal. If you do so it will slow down the digestion process and the nutrients wont absorb properly. The ideal time to drink water is 45 minutes before eating a meal and 2 hours after you have had your meal.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
The aforementioned tips are very effective in reducing belly fat so start applying them today and live a healthy life.