Low carb foods are a healthier choice in a way that they help to promote weight loss, reduce blood sugar, blood pressure and triglycerides. These foods keep you full for a long time and also provide energy throughout the day. There is a huge list of foods that are low in carbs such as meat & fish, dairy, nuts & seeds, fruits & vegetables, oils as well as grains. It is your choice what kind of foods you choose to improve and maintain your health.
List of low carb foods
Eating low carb foods is a flexible way that allows you to manage your diabetes and overall health therefore incorporate such foods in your daily diet to enjoy the health benefits. Here is list of low carb foods:
- Fish contains vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids and low in carb therefore add fish in your diet to improve overall health. Low carb fish verities include Salmon, Tuna, Sardines, Trout, Cod and Haddock. According to the research and medical advice it is preferable if you consume at least 2 portions each week for better health results.
- Vegetables like Tomatoes, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Onions, Eggplant, Kale, Capsicum, Cucumber, Spinach, Asparagus, Green Beans, Cabbage, Mushrooms and Zucchini contain low carbs. These vegetables are a good choice to add in your daily diet.
- Fruits that include Strawberries, Grapefruit, Apricots, Oranges, Kiwi and Raspberries. Add these fruits in your diet to get health benefits.
- Nuts and Seeds also contain some verities that are low in carb, which include Walnuts, Almonds, Chia seeds, Peanuts, Flax Seeds, Pistachios, Cashew nuts, Sunflower seeds and Pumpkin seeds. Nuts and seeds are good healthier choice as a snack.
- Dairy is full of fat but some of its products are low in carb that includes full fat Yogurts, Cheese, Greek yogurt and Butter.
- Oils include Olive oil, Coconut oil and Avocado oil therefore add them in your diet to obtain health benefits.
- Herbs that included Cinnamon, Ginger, Oregano, Mustard, Garlic and Pepper. You can add these herbs in your diet to boost the taste of your food.
- Grains include Oatmeal and Quinoa but make sure you go for organic ones with no added sugar to get more health benefits.
It is really important that you choose a certain level of carbohydrate that works better for you. If you are taking insulin or tablets Low carb foods can lower your blood sugar to the danger level. Low carb foods can cause constipation therefore choose foods that are high in fiber and low in carbs. In case you are on medication then you need to seek expert professional medical advice.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
A healthy and balanced diet protect the body from diseases therefore it is an important step towards healthy lifestyle.