Moringa Tea is one of the healthiest and nutritious energy drinks, loaded with antioxidants and vitamins. It is a rich source of Calcium, Protein and Potassium; it also contains Vitamins A, C & E therefore it is called a super food. This tea helps to treat and prevent diseases like arthritis, liver disorders, diabetes, allergies, constipation, respiratory and digestive issues.
Moringa tea is made from the leaves of Moringa tree. This tree is also known as drumstick tree or horseradish tree. It has been grown for thousands of years in south Asia and China. These days it is grown all around the world in tropical climates. It is a fast growing tree and grows best in dry and sandy soil. You can grow this tree in your home garden as well.
Health benefits of Moringa Tea
Moringa tea helps to energise your body as well as providing nutrition and also improves general health. It also relieves stress and improves mental clarity. Here are the health benefits of Moringa Tea:
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce inflammation in the body as well as relieve body pain and joint aches.
- Due to it being high in anti oxidants it fights free radicals as well as preventing oxidative stress and cellular damage. It also repairs body cells.
- Beneficial for skin as it increases the moisture and prevents formation of wrinkles on the body. It is also called an anti aging drink.
- Helps to treat depression and also improves concentration as well as sharpening memory.
- Contains powerful antioxidants that remove toxins from the body.
- It is an excellent drink to boost the immune system and also fights against cold and flu.
- Lowers the risk of developing diabetes by reducing the cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Moringa tea contains more calcium and iron that helps to promote bone health.
- Contains zero calories therefore you can drink more to obtain health benefits.
- Regular consumption reduces the risk of Parkinson’s disease both in males and females.
- Improves digestion as well as treating cramps and bloating.
- Improves skin health and keeps your skin acne free if you consume it on a regular basis.
- Contains potassium that helps to lower blood pressure and keep blood vessels healthy and also prevent from heart attack and stroke.
- Helps healing wounds faster after an injury therefore drink this tea to healing up minor injuries.
- Prevents hormone imbalance and also regulate the thyroid gland.
- Helps boost metabolism therefore add it in your diet if you are trying to lose weight.
- Antibacterial properties help prevent skin infections and urinary tract infections.
- Protects liver from toxins as well as improves overall liver health.
- Prevents dandruff and dryness and improves overall hair health.
Usually consumption of Moringa Tea is safe but as precautionary measures seek a professional medical advice before you start consuming it. Moringa tea may cause heartburn or nausea therefore limit your consumption and avoid binging.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
When you buy Moringa tea make sure it is grown organically and is within the use by date. You can store it at home at room temperature in an airtight glass container away from sunlight to keep it fresh for longer time.