Pineapple is a tropical fruit and contains many health benefits like improving digestion, reducing inflammation; it strengthens the bones and promotes weight loss. It contains Copper, Potassium, Manganese, Calcium and Magnesium. It is rich in vitamin C and B6. It contains soluble and insoluble fibre as well, which helps smooth bowl movement.
Health benefits of Pineapple
You can consume pineapple fresh on it’s own in a fruit salad or small chunks in yogurt, juiced, as a pizza topping or preserved. You should seek professional medical help before you start consuming it if you have diabetes etc. Here are the health benefits:
- It is rich in vitamin C that helps to boost immune system and improves overall heart health.
- Antioxidant properties protect body from free radicals and help protect from certain type of cancers.
- Contains soluble and insoluble fibre that relieves constipation and helps smooth bowl movement.
- Helps to digest protein and treat digestive diseases.
- Boosts metabolism that help to burn more calories as a result you can lose weight faster.
- Reduces inflammation in the body therefore provides relief from arthritis pains.
- It is rich in Manganese, which helps to improve growth and repair of bones.
- Helps to heal burn and wounds faster when you consume it on a regular basis.
- Improves eye health and also prevents age related effects on eyes.
Here is one of my favourite detox pineapple drinks. Take a cup of fresh pineapple chunks; a medium sized chopped tomato, a medium peeled Kiwi fruit, a tablespoon of raw organic honey, a pinch of ground black pepper and a cup of spring water. Put all the ingredients in blender including water, blend them well and drink the mixture sip by sip to detoxify your body.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
When you buy pineapple make sure it is large in size to get more flesh however quality is equally good of small or large sizes. It should be ripened before you buy and also make sure the smell is nice and is free of soft spots. You can store it at room temperature away from sunlight for a couple of days before consumption. Once you have cut it up you can store it in an airtight container before refrigerating to keep it fresh.