Turmeric is one of the most powerful herbs on the planet, as it has ability to prevent or even reverse disease. It has been used in India since thousands of years as a spice and medicine. It also has wound healing properties. Turmeric contains curcumin, which helps to cure cancer.
It is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. It is good source of iron, manganese, vitamin B6, dietary fiber, copper and potassium.
Benefits of Turmeric
- Relieves arthritis pain
- Regulates cholesterol
- Regulates blood sugar
- Natural pain killer
- Helps to lower the risk of heart disease
- Helps reducing weight
- Gives relief from cold and cough
- Improves digestion
- Purify blood
- It has anticancer properties
- Eases menstrual cramps and pain
- Helps to get fair skin
Just because something has medical properties doesn’t mean we should take it in large quantities. In order to benefit from it make it a small part of your daily diet.
How to use
- Sprinkle on salads
- Add it to smoothies
- Add into dips
- Mix in curries
- Drink turmeric tea
To get the maximum benefits of turmeric make a paste, which can be used by adding to milk. It also stores in the fridge for a week so you can make it once and use it throughout the duration of the week. Here is the recipe to making paste.
- Half a cup of organic turmeric powder
- One cup of spring water
- One and half teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Three teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- Blend turmeric and water in a pan, heat up slowly and stir for up to 10 minutes until you get a thick paste.
- Add coconut oil and black pepper and stir until the ingredients are mixed up altogether.
- Let the paste cool and save it in the fridge.
I want to share one of my favorite turmeric milk recipes that is really beneficial for health.
Here is the recipe:
Take a cup of unsweetened almond milk, ¼ teaspoon of above turmeric paste and a teaspoon of organic raw honey. Mix all the ingredients excluding honey and heat until simmer don’t let it boil. Pour it in to a cup add honey and enjoy the delicious drink.
This drink is a great tonic for liver as it helps improve immunity, gives relief from cough and cold also purifies/clarifies blood and skin.
[amazon_link asins=’B006MVYHAA’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’careawcr-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’ad709ae1-4a95-11e7-aa2d-a346f4e430cf’]