The cause of arteries blockage is due to the build up of plaque that stick in the arteries, which slowly blocks blood flow and if it keeps building up it can completely stop the blood flow and even cause sudden death. Blood clots are another reason, which can cause sudden death. There are various factors that promote building up plaque in the arteries but it is mainly due to high cholesterol, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol and diabetes.
How to prevent building plaque
According to a research you can control forming plaque build up in the arteries up to 85% if you make changes in your diet and lifestyle. You can prevent forming plaque if you consider the following factors:
- High LDL or bad cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Excess consumption of Alcohol
- Lack of exercise and physical activity
- Eating less fruits and vegetables
How to unclog arteries
There are some natural ways to unclog the arteries like eating less cholesterol rich foods, more exercise and losing weight. There are various foods that also help prevent the build of plaque in the arteries and keep your blood flowing. Here is the list of foods and the ways that they can help to unclog the arteries:
- Add soluble fiber to your diet like fruits, vegetables, beans and oats, which help to lower LDL.
- Learn and practice yoga meditation, as that is an effective way to cleanse the arteries and improve heart health.
- Asparagus is full of fiber and nutrients it helps lower blood pressure as well as prevent blood clots.
- Lose your weight the natural and healthy way.
- Add avocados in your diet, which contain healthy fats and help to keep blood flowing.
- Broccoli also helps to lower blood pressure and reduces stress level.
- Cinnamon is full of antioxidants and also helps to reduce cholesterol level and clean up the plaque.
- Cranberries are rich in antioxidants, which help to improve cardiovascular health.
- Eat at least 2 portions of fatty fish every week to reduce plaque build up. It also helps to lower triglyceride level and increase HDL.
- Flax seeds reduce inflammation and help to clear arteries.
- One-third portion of your food should include starch-based ingredients like cereal, bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. The rest of the two-third portion should consist of fruits and vegetables preferably raw. The fruits and vegetables are full of nutrients that are essential to maintain good health.
- Add olive oil in your daily diet as that helps to improve cardiovascular health.
- Pomegranate contains antioxidants and is full of nutrients. It also helps to clear the arteries.
- Include garlic in your daily diet that helps to improve and maintain heart health.
- Turmeric reduces inflammation in the body and prevents blood clots forming.
- Watermelon is a natural source of amino acid and helps to lower blood pressure and clear arteries.
- Pre-packed foods contain high amount of sugar so avoid eating these kinds of foods and go for fresh foods instead.
- All juices and fizzy drinks sold in the market are full of added sugar and high in calories so avoid these drinks and choose fresh home made juices instead.
- Always check the label before you consume the food to make sure that particular food contains low amounts of sugar.
A balanced diet is the source of vitamins and minerals, which our body requires to maintain good health. If you look after yourself and take control of your eating habits all your health problems will decrease and start to disappear. So it is vital that you start taking care of your health from today.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
The aforementioned tips are extremely effective in improving and maintaining heart health so start applying them today and live a healthy life.