Losing weight the natural way is a safe and healthy method of weight loss. If you make small changes in your diet and lifestyle you can achieve your goal over short period time. Never go on a diet if you are really motivated to lose your weight, as dieting doesn’t guarantee permanent weight loss.
Processed foods are full of unhealthy fats therefore you should avoid eating these foods. Always choose good quality, fresh and organic vegetables. At least 75% of your food portion should include fresh vegetables, which are beneficial for your health and help to lose weight so add them in your daily diet to achieve your weight loss goal.
List of weight loss friendly vegetables
Plant based raw foods like fresh fruits and vegetables containing more fibre, vitamins and minerals, which are helpful to lose weight, therefore add them in your diet to obtain benefits. Here is the list of weight loss friendly vegetables:
- Carrots are low on the Glycaemic index and also low in calories so add them in your diet to boost your weight management efforts.
- Cucumber contains no fats or carbs and also high in water content. It keeps you full for long time and helps to lose weight. You can eat it on its own or use for sandwich fillings.
- Cauliflower contains vitamin C and foliate both are helpful in losing weight. Your can eat it raw in salads or steamed to obtain health benefits.
- Celery contains more water and fibre that help to lose weight fast. You can eat it raw or blend into fresh juice.
- Peppers are full of nutrients and minerals and also help to lose weight. You can add them into salads or use them in stir fries to get health benefits and lose weight.
- Broccoli is rich in Vitamin C and fibre, which are helpful to lose weight so add this vegetable in your diet to get health benefits.
- Spinach is full of fibre and other nutrients, which help to lose weight, therefore incorporate it in your diet to shed pounds of weight. You can eat it raw, add into smoothies or use for sandwich fillings.
- Onions are full of antioxidants and nutrients, which are essential to lose weight. They help to lower cholesterol and also remove fat from the body. You can use them in curries, stir-fries or sandwich fillings to get health benefits.
- Watercress is rich in Vitamin C and Calcium as well as it is high in antioxidants. It helps to lose weight. You can eat it raw or add them into smoothies if you feel the strong taste.
- Green Beans are another healthy choice to add in your diet. They release slow energy therefore keep you full for long time. They are high in fibre that help to regularise your bowl movement and also help to flesh out fat from intestine
- Peas are rich in protein, which help body to burn fat fast. High protein foods keep you full for long time that helps to lose weight.
- Artichoke helps to remove cholesterol and fat from the body therefore include them in your diet to obtain health benefits and losing weight.
- Asparagus helps to prevent fats to absorb in the body, which cause weight gain therefore include this vegetable in your diet to lose weight.
- Zucchini is full of zinc, which is known to absorb nutrients in the body and help to lose weight.
Just because some foods have medicinal properties doesn’t mean that we should start consuming them in large quantities. In order to get medical benefits from it, make it a small part of your daily diet.
The above vegetables are available all year round in grocery stores and in the supermarkets. When you buy make sure they are fresh and grown organically. You can store them in the fridge at home in an airtight container to keep them fresh for longer time.